Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Memory Problems?

I am 40, and I am having problems remembering things. I forget peoples names, address, what I was doing, to pack my lunch, where I put my keys, etc. I am a software developer, and it is getting harder to do my job. I might not be able to work in a technical job in 10 years. I can almost feel my faculties fading away. (Yes, this runs in my family.) What am I going to do? How will I support myself? I am way too proud to ever accept money assistance from anyone.

My long-term girlfriend tends to be verbally abusive, at times. I don鈥檛 think I can rely on someone to help me get by if she screams at me when I forget things. I am going to have to have someone there, because in the future I may not be able to live alone. What to do?
Answer:
Is it possible that stress, like from your relationship, is causing your memory problems? I know that I am more forgetful when I'm under a lot of stress. Also, depression can be a cause of memory problems, so it might be a good idea to talk to a therapist or doctor about it, and find out if it runs in your family.
You may or may not be looking at early-onset alzheimer's or another sort of dementia.

You would be VERY WISE to pursue a professional evaluation. If an early onset type of dementia/Alz. process is at work here, there is a LOT you can do to stave it off.

Do not delay. Time is of the essence here.

Best of luck to you,
~M~
I've read in readers digest that when u forget things, its because u are stressed out. U have to relax; give yourself a break. Take Vitamin b complex to boost your memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net