Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mental Health Question?

What are some ways that a major catastrophe can affect someones mental health?

I'm writing an English Research paper about How a major catastrophe can affect someones mental health. We are also trying to compare it back to the book "Alas, Babylon"

Any suggestions?
Answer:
I would suggest looking up the statistics on mental illnesses in New Orleans before and after Hurricane Katrina. That was a major catastrophe. I'm sure there is similar data on other hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes and large fires available through a diligent search of the Internet.

I am unfamiliar with the book cited but there have already been some books and Magazine articles written about experiences during and after Hurricane Katrina. It is usually easy to find these from the archives of major magazines or by a search on Amazon.com.
a major catastrophy can cause post traumatic stress disorder, ptsd applies to alot more than just the veterans people hear about, check some of the ways it affects people
I was abused as a child wich was very catastrophic for me when i finally was forced to remember just some of it. I have numerous mental disorders and such some from the abuse and some from genetics. I would love to chat with you. email me at evilles666@yahoo.com I will answer for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net