Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Menopause and emotional roller coaster?

I am currently going through menopause and have been on an emotional roller coaster for the last 4 months. It is driving me and my poor hubby nuts. It feels uncontrolable and I work hard to keep it to myself as much as I can. I find myself upset at nothing and the really big stuff doesn't mean a thing to me. I guess I could compare it to being Bi-polar as there are very high highs and rock bottom lows. Any advise out there about maybe some suppliments I could be taking? I have lost 50 pounds in the last four months. I have been dieting to do it. I excersise a lot and try to eat the right things. But the emotional stuff is making my life hard. I can't take estrogen as I have had breast cancer about five years ago and estrogen was the trigger according to my doctors. My religion has helped me a lot but would like to hear from other gals who have had the same problems. I am not big on taking lots of meds. Thanks.
Answer:
Merry meeting. I have gone through the same thing when I lost 60pounds in 3 months the emotional roller coaster.That was when I was 29 .Now I am going through menopause but no roller coaster and I refuse to take estrogen.So I really do think It is the weight lost to fast and laking in some vitamins.May be you should be taking vitamins supplements.Hope this help and you feel better Blessed be
You are doing well with the exercise and eating, drink lots of water. stay away from stimulants, coffee, cafeene.
get to doctor and if they recommend meds, take them !
there's an over the counter pill calls pms pills and i honestly love them. they calm you down and make you feel more even tempered.
good luck !
Are you sure this is tied to menopause? It could have other causes. Rapid weight loss can play havoc on the body systems, You mentioned that your emotional roller coaster started about the same time as the wt. loss began. This could be worth taking a look into what's "off" in your body.

At the same time, consider talking with your Dr. about the emotions. It could be of assistance to take an anti-depressant to assist you with evening out the emotions (- rather than the hormones). It's worth asking about.
Hi,

I'm 48 single mom of 3 kids and was on the emotional roller coaster you have described.
My answer first see your medical Dr.
second answer
PROMETRIUM
It's progesterone. No estrogen and a miracle. Then I would suggest therapy it's also a miracle.
Good luck to you

Bongo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net