Sunday, October 25, 2009

I've been depressed since I was 14, I feel so sorry for my husband?

for having to deal with me (we met when I was 16) he has seen me crying on uncountable occasions...I keep telling him I麓m sorry..do you think that compensates or not at all? he wants me to be happy, but I suck at that...what can I do to show him my gratefulness? should I try to pretend I am happy??
Answer:
You don't need to be sorry. You need to get help. If the help you are receiving now is not helping you. Keep searching and digging. It is very important that you get rid of this guilt feeling and get on with finding out what is wrong. 鈥楽ome days are better than others鈥?means that whatever you have done so far has not helped. Push your doctor or get another. Always be brutally honest with your doctor. Don鈥檛 ever give him the impression that you are feeling sort.. of ..okay out of guilt, or exhaustion, if you are not.
It does not necessarily have anything to do with you as a person.
Many people suffer chemical imbalances in the brain. (We are all basically a chemical factory) There may be a lack or excess of the release of substances in the brain which causes your depression without you having any control over it.
And then, on the other hand it could be a Psychological problem. Which means you must find out if there was an extremely traumatic experience in your life鈥hat is keeping the smile off your face, and deal with it. Either way, have both tested, and push, push, push the doctors. My God you are 32! It started at 14. It would be a crime if you finally found out what it is and manage to cure it at the age of 52.
Stop feeling guilt! Stop feeling sorry! And start your own massive crusade aimed at finding out what is wrong!
No, the poor man. And poor you. Go to the doctor and get some help.
you sound like you need help.. I've struggled with depression.. I was on pills for awhile, but they made my brain feel strange so I quit taking them.. I've been exercising a lot lately though, and that seems to help a lot more than any pills ever did.. I haven't had any severe bouts with depression since I started exercising.. so my advice would be to get in tip-top shape.. you'll look better and feel better.. I know it sounds cliche, but exercise really does improve your life!
Seek professional help, please. Once you get the chemical imbalance corrected you will probably see a great change in your mood, and thus your husband would be pleased to see you better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net