Saturday, October 31, 2009

Lofepramine.anti depressant.. side affects?

I am on lofepramine (70mg a day), and am feeling sick, constipated, and my period was very late...is this all normal?
Answer:
I have been on Lofepramine (70mg twice a day) for 8 months and my side-effects have not worn off.

I get severe nausea, heart burn, dry throat and experience bouts of constipation. These are all side effects listed in the patient leaflet.

You should talk to your doctor if the symptoms do not ease within 2 - 4 weeks of starting the lofepramine, as you may be better suited to a different drug. From personal experience, if you have side effects when you first start, you usually go through them all again if you increase your dose.

At my next review I am going to discuss my medication, as the side effects are beginning to be too much for me. Unfortunately I have not had much luck with many anti-depressants and there are only a small selection I can take. Hopefully I'll find the right one next time!

For most people, the side effects only last 2-4 weeks. Hope they ease off for you soon.
http://bipolar.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines... this site will tell you every thing you need to know
lofepramine is licensed for the treatment of depression. Description An antidepressant administered orally (as tablets). It has fewer sedative properties than many of the products used to treat depressive illnesses and is suited to patients whose symptoms tend to withdrawal and apathy, rather than restlessness and agitation.

Side effects:Drowsiness, dry mouth, heartbeat irregularities, sweating, sleepiness's, low blood pressure, constipation, blurred vision palpitations.
Talk to your doctor he/she can give you something for constipation
There are side effects with anti depressants, but yours seems a little extreme. Call your doctor. He can change it to a more suitable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net