Saturday, October 31, 2009

Living and Coping with Bi-Polar?

Hi there! I have looked at other questions that have been asked here about Bi-Polar...but none would let me leave a comment. Anyway, long story short, I have been diagnosed with this disease for almost two years. I am just now learning all that I can about it mostly info on the web, info regarding the meds I take, etc. I just moved and had to start seeing another doc and I went from spending an hour with my doc in SC who was awseome to seeing this jerk that spent 5 minutes with me, changed my meds around (even though I told him they were working) and stood up when I was in the middle of asking a questions! SO... that may be tmi but I am very anxious this morning. I have not had an episode in about two months and I feel like I am deep into one now. I wanted to know if there was a site that I could go to and actually chat with others about what is going on with me. Thank you in advance for your help.

Anxiety Ridden All Over Again :(

alicia
Answer:
*Hugs* I'm sorry that you are having difficulty all over again. I wanted to preface that if you feel really depressed right now, please do seek immediate medical attention so that it doesn't escalate to a more dangerous situation. I don't have bipolar (preciously referred to as manic depression) but do have clinical depression and severe anxiety so I can relate to the deep sadness with the illness. Please look into getting a psychiatrist that actually seems to care (between us and the wall) and wants to listen to you regarding how well your meds are working for you. I'll look for some organizations that may be of some help but if you are really depressed, please do go to a crisis center or ER especially if feeling like hurting yourself or others before it gets worse.
I am bipolar too with anxiety. HealthyPlace has bulletin boards and chat rooms organized by disorder and a really good newsletter. http://www.healthyplace.com/
If your original meds where working fine and he changed you over for no good reason I would suggest that you go back and demand to be put back on to your original medication.
Bi-Polar is often referred incorrectly as manic depression and is typically identified by pronounced mood swings.
Some of the classic examples of this are for example the guy on the cross Atlantic flight who half way through the flight decided that he was the king of England and demanded to be moved to first class.
There is also stories of people who for no apparent reason start to spend money like there is not tomorrow trying to live to the same standard as a super star.
Bi-Polar is a very complex condition directly associated with the chemical balance of the brain.
It is possible to treat but if your doctor has changed your meds and your condition worsens I would change doctors.
Get a second opinion! See the sections on bipolar disorder %26 anxiety at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris... on pages 2 (read the whole page) %26 6. Try: http://www.onestepatatime.com %26 http://www.journeytowardsfreedom.com... %26 http://psychforums.com
this is a group for women that have bipolar its very supportive and has lot of information in its links section. the only thing that is asked is your female and have bipolar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net