Sunday, October 25, 2009

I've heard there are online mental health counselors, & I'd like to talk w/ one but can they prescribe meds?

I have severe anxiety which keeps me from going out to ANY public places. I really need to get some professional help becuz this is ruining my life but I can't get up the nerve to go see a local psychiatrist in my town. I've heard there are some online mental health counselors but was wondering if the online counselors are able to prescribe anxiety medicines? Here are the sites I heard about
http://www.allexperts.com/
freewebs.com/freecounseling
Has anyone tried them and what kind of services do they offer?
Answer:
Counselors cannot prescribe meds, only medical doctors and ANP's can. Psychiatrists are medical doctors so they would be your best bet. I am not aware of anyone who is legally prescribing meds online, but if you find anyone I would strongly advice AGAINST it. You need to find someone who can spend time with you, do a complete history with you, and follow up with you (some medication requires that you have blood tests done to make sure they are not harming your liver or kidneys). I know you are anxious about going out in public; try calling a mental health clinic and see if they have any ways to support you in getting you to a doctor.
hi how are you, ive had anxiety since i were 16 im 26 now, im not sure if there is any counselors online, im sure there would be somewhere, i dont know if they would be able to prescribe meds over the internet, i dont think they would,, if ya wanna chat just add me on danz_vb@yahoo.com feel free
http://discoveries.typepad.com/my_weblog...

See a naturopath, your adrenal glands are shot from previous meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net