Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lately when i get depressed or really stressed i find myself cutting my skin or i punch myself in the chest?

what is wrong am i a cutter i dont want to believe this do to im 27 and just started doing these things when i feel all this pain .
Answer:
talk to your doctor, this isn't normal and will continue to get worse if the matter is not taken care of.
See a doctor. You need to stop now before this takes over your life. You could experience permanent scars and nerve damage that will follow you all your life.

There are many other ways to deal with stress that are positives this is a negative and actually adds to your stress.
See a shrink. As far as I am concerned, cutting ones self is about as dumb as you can get. You need help and you won't get it here. Check yourself in. Pops
Oh my goodness, get some help now before things get any worse. You are using yourself as an outlet for your emotional pain. You need to find a way to release these emotions in a healthy way. NOW! You can not figure this out on your own. Please ask a professional. Good luck and I hope things get better.
You are a cutter and you do this for a number of different reasons, to relieve stress, to make you feel better or to forget about the problems that you have. Please go and talk to someone because your life is too precious and important. I don't know why you are depressed but you are worth too much as a person. Please get help.
There is no shame in being a "cutter". Cutting though unusual, can happen in later adult life. It's a maladaptive coping mechanism -- a way to cope with all the emotional pain, when you don't know any other way to get it out. It isn't so much as "curable", but you can learn to live without it.. like an alcoholic, or a drug addict. It is not normal for anyone to harm themselves, if that is what you are asking.

Talk to your doctor, or get in touch with a psychologist. It's much easier if you can get help before it gets REALLY messy, and very habitual. Prevention is the best medicine
Don't do that. Self-mutilation is a mental disease. Try to figure out why you're depressed, jobless? broke off with your boyfriend? arguments at home? If you identify and compartmentalise your problems, they don't look so insurmountable. See if you can be the one to take action and change the course of things. Can you talk to an older person? A counsellor? It might help. But don't cut yourself anymore, ok? Promise? Take care, and good luck
you need to talk to a friend or a member of your family who is in your life and can help you get help. you are not alone, you just need to reach out to get yourself the help you need. Good for you for asking us, but take that initiative and use it to reach out to someone real. Do it now. It's ok, you'll be ok, you just need to actively try to figure out what else you can do to start getting rid of the pain. I'm 27 too. It is hard, and a lot of times life sucks a bit. But you gotta keep lifting your head up and trying to move forward. hurting yourself to focus your attention on physical pain instead of paying attention to your emotional pain is only going to sap all your energy. If you don't have someone in your life you can talk to, make an appt at a doctors office and tell them what you've been feeling and how you've been acting it out. Good luck, put effort in and you will succeed.
My friend, you need help. Contact someone you trust and ask them for help. I know how you feel. Cutting makes some people make their current pains become physical pains. It makes them know that he or she is alive. Trust me, I know...and you need help.
Under high levels of stress and depression, self-injury is not an uncommon response. It happens in people who have failed to develop positive coping skills. When your level of emotion gets to high to handle, you become overwhelmed and don't know how to deal. There is help out there. A psychiatrist can give you meds to ease your depression. And a psychologist or counselor is really important in helping you learn how to cope with your problems in new ways, including talking about it, exercise, writing, or different forms of self-expression. There is a way to move past this behavior. The longer you take to get help, the harder it will be to stop, as it is an addictive behavior.

Good luck to you.
That is normal for a cutter. At least as far as I know. I used to self-mutilate in my youth cuz` it made me feel that is was the only thing that I could control. You need some help with your issues and i think you should get it quickly. good luck.
You are most definately in the beginning stages of becoming a cutter. You should see a doctor as soon as possible to get on some proper medication to help with the depression and stress you are having. Depression is painful itself and is treatable as long as you seek and want the help which as for what I see at this time you are wanting the help since you do not like the fact that you are cutting yourself so you have already taken the first step now all you need to do is contact a doctor and get some medication to help you even more. There may be going on more then just the depression and stress, you could be leaning toward the bi polar side and if not treated you can become a manic depressant. I know all about this as I waited way to long to get my depression treated and became bi polar. I am so glad I got the help I needed because with that help I now see so many things differently and the world definately seems like a brighter place, I didn't realize how vivid the color of the sky was until I was on medication, everything to me was like a whole new world and I am sure it will be for you also. Please seek the help of a doctor, you deserve the best in life as most people do and let me know if you see the world as differently as I did when you get on the proper medication. If you need to talk to someone just to get things out as a form of release feel free to email me, I will gladly offer any advice I can and most of all I am willing just to listen and let you get everything out and not pass judgement, I will be your outlet for your stress and pain.
you need to go to your doctor and he will head you in the right direction

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net