Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lexapro causing me problems?

I started taking lexapro about a year and a half ago. It was a low dose at first and made me feel very stable. Now i am up to 40 mgs and most of the time i cant even notice a difference when i take it. However today and for a few days recently i have felt awefull after taking it, i have felt suicidal at times and like i cant cope. I feel like im having anger problems and like im just going to jump out of my skin. I have turned to a very unhappy man and im wondering if this happens to other people taking this over time..
i almost want to ween off of it at times it makes me feel to terrible. please help..
i have a dr appt in a week but i need advice untill then. thanks
Answer:
Listen I take Lexapro and it has worked wonders for me at 10mg. If you are not getting relief after a normal dose a high won't work. Try another drug. These meds are different and you need to find the one that is right 4 you. Switch your anti-"luck" drug try wellbutin or paxil. Talk to you Doc that's what you pay them 4.
you really should call your doctor and tell him/her what is going on. I used to be on Lexapro and my dr. told me to be sure and wean myself off or there can be serious side effects.
Tell your doctor about these symptoms as soon as possible. It is not uncommon for an anti-depressant to stop working as well or at all after you've been on it for an extended period of time. Your body adjusts to the chemicals and so they have less effect. You may just need a change of medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net