Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lamictal & Depression?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I recently hit my goal dose of 200mg daily of Lamictal for Epilepsy.

I have always had mood swings happy, depressed and everything in between.

Since yesterday my 3rd day of 200mg I have been depressed so bad it hurts, it is actually physically painful, I have never had depression like this before, and I cant understand that a medicine that is used for mood disorders can do this.

Has anyone had a similar experince?? and if so how long does this last for??

Thanks for reading my question ??


BigPaulMark
Answer:
Hey there,
This is just my own experience, everybody is different.
I starting taking Lamictal a bit over a year ago off label for ADHD. I topped out at 100 mgs, and over time got very depressed, which is very unlike me. I sat around, cried for no reason, and had no interest in anything.
The only thing that helped was reducung my dose.
Since you take it for Epilepsy, I'm not sure what your options are. Even thought this stuff is well tolerated by most, you are certainly not alone in wondering what the heck goes on with this medicine. I was here asking the same Q a few months ago :)
I just want to go on record as not being a big fan.
Please talk with your doctor, maybe there is another med, or something you could take with it to help.
Good luck and take care of you :)
Try this natural vitamin it's a whole food vitamin ! log on to the website below and click on " Fact List For Health"
then click on " Good Mood" read this and see if this will help with your situation.
Hello BigPaulMark, I been in therapy for about 13 years, I'm 18 now, and I had a rough childhood way to complex to try to explain it. All I can tell you is keep on keeping on man. I'm with ya, I know how you feel, It's tough sometimes going through another day, but just go to your real friends and love ones for support and comfort, and try to get as many hugs as possible, It's such a wonderful feeling to be embraced. It's really amazing how such a small gesture is capable of turning a frown upside down. And best of all it's free. And if you don't have a therapist I reccomend getting one, It's nothing to be ashamed of. Hope this somewhat help BigPaulMark, Have A Nice Day Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net