Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lamictal- Have you been on it for Bipolar and does it work?


Answer:
Lamitical is supposely the first line of treatment for people with Bipolar 2, because it is great in treating depression. Since Bipolar 2 people do not have full blown mania, and mostly depression they are usually put on Lamictal.

I read that it is also weight neutral, so you should not gain weight on Lamictal.
I am on Lamictal for seizures and Bipolar. It has helped me alot. I have been on it for over a year.
I was just put on Lamictal about a month ago. In my own experience it kicked me into mania, which decreased after cutting out the Prozac I had been on. I've just added Geodon, which will hopefully even me out.
My doctor told me that more and more, psychs are turning to antipsychotics for bp instead of antidepressants.
Remember that every mind is different, so you can only take experience stories lightly. Talk to your doctor and good luck!
it worked for me but I got a rash on legs and had to stop

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net