Sunday, October 25, 2009

Just human nature or something more?

I don't know if fear of success is real, but having read a bit about this sort of thing has really made me think. I am intelligent but I don't do well in school. I am decent looking, caring, and genuine, but I don't do well with relationships. I am not afraid of hard work, but I get distracted very easily when I know that I can't accomplish a goal in a relatively short time and then lose sight of it and let it die out. This all seems to perpetuate itself because the next endeavor I attempt, I start out assuming I am going to face these exact obstacles. And the ultimate result is complete paralysis in terms of attempting anything. I suppose the hardest part is the thought that even if I try to address this, I'll encounter the anxiety and doubt, and then what? ust wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone else? I hate being like this. I started counseling recently, but I wondered if there's anything I can do to forget this phobia, whatever it is, and get on w/ my life?
Answer:
You are looking for answers. That is the first, and biggest step.
You are not alone. I do this same thing to some areas of my life. Particularly relationships. I am afraid of having another one fail and tear me up again, so I sabotage them so that failure occurs before I can get too involved and get hurt as badly as I did before. For me, it's always fear of failure. So I guess it might be a self-esteem issue.
Keep up with your counseling. That was the single most important step I ever took for myself. And perhaps the most difficult! Looking at yourself honestly can be a very difficult and painful thing to do. But worth it.
Good luck.
It is good that you've started therapy. I think the counseling will help. good luck
Hi, you sound a little like me. I was told at 33 I had attention deficit disorder. Feel like your mind is in a scramble sometimes? It makes you give up easily? Something like that? They told me I needed meds. I said no thanks. I've managed without them. Ya, it probaly is human nature. We just a little bit off the "normal" scale. Hey- if it's not ruining your life- accept it and move on. I 've just learned to keep my life simple. I don't get invoved in to many things or even people. It's been easier that way.
Hi. I feel that you should try and focus your attention on the most important aspects of your life , then focus on other matters. Try and visualise the image of the desired outcome in your mind and work towards it. This will help to keep you more focused on achieving your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net