Sunday, October 25, 2009

Klonopin vs. Xanax or Valium for occasional anxiety..?

For occasional anxiety that comes up once in a blue moon... whats the difference between the three obviously theyre the same class of drugs and fairly similar... I have taken valium once before but i have now been prescribed klonopin for the occasional anxiety... has anyone taken any of these who could offer a comparison in the difference?
Answer:
If the anxiety situation is only short lasting occasion I would say take oxazepam. Oxazepam has a short half life and thus if you use it very occasionally it won't stay in your body long enough for tolerance to develop. See this page for half life information http://www.bcnc.org.uk/equivalence.html...
Xanax is highly addicting both physically and mentally. Valium is a drug which is better reserved for weaning someone off benzodiazepines. Benzos should not be used more than 1 dose every month as they are very high tolerance developing drugs and they loose their benefits very quickly. Once a person becomes dependent on them and they decide to come off them they have to stay off them for life so if you want your benzodiazepines to be of benefit in such situations use them very occasionally and they will work for you for life. Overuse them and they will mess you up and they will stop working. Benzodiazepines and work for you or against you depending on how you use them.
v's
Im sorry i cant comment on Klonopin but, i have taken Xanx %26 Valium %26 all i can say is, be careful. They are addictive %26 you shouldnt drive a car while taking them. Why dont you just go on an anti depressant long term %26 look at having counselling to help with your thoughts? Nuro linguistic therapy?
There's nothing like valium. To me its the best anti anxiety but its so addicting. If you go to the hospital they will give you valium to calm you down. Never have taken klonopin, been perscribed it years ago but didn't take it for some reason, I always look up a new drug and if I don't like what else its used for ( seizures) or the side effects, I won't take it. Xanax, it all depends on the mgs. your taking, in low dosage its o.k. depending on the severity of your anxiety.
I've taken both Klonopin and Xanax (and yes, both prescribed by my doctor). Xanax knocked me out. I wasn't really able to function without the severe drowsiness. With Klonopin, I was just mellow. I used to suffer from anxiety attacks and I would only take a half a klonopin to help the symptoms subside to a more manageble level. Taking these everyday can develop a dependence, so use on an "as needed" basis. Good luck, and feel better
I've taken Klonopin. My neuro gave me some last summer and "forgot" to tell me to break each pill in 1/3 and take it that way, instead of taking the whole pill (I don't remember the dosage).
All I can tell you about that incident was, I don't remember much of it. I have a 2 year old son and my husband was in Iraq at the time. I took it and passed out while my son had the run of the house and then I woke up (luckily my son was beside me) the next morning, 2 hours late for work. It was the best sleep I ever had but I don't like not being in control (of myself) and it was one of the scariest things that's ever happened to me.
Drugs.com will give you all the differences in each med that you would like to look up if you did a search for anxiety it would bring up all the medication that could be prescribed to you and also be able to get good information and comparisons! Also I suffer anxiety severly and have never bee offered any of that medication I keep getting the anti depressants how did you get this prescribed to you with ocassional anxiety opposed to someone who suffers everyday not that im saying you dont need it but I was just wondering email me chrissybella06@yahoo.com
If your anxiety is occasional don't take any of those you mentioned. I am a benzo addict; the next thing you know you could be too. I took me months and alot of agony to get off these drugs. Be very careful about what you put in your system.
Valium is the oldest of the three...

They are all addictive so I hope you are not an addictive personality...

If you start building an immunity to them and begin with the slightest show of drug seeking behavior... They will take you off immediately and you'll have to suffer without them anyway.

So why bother?
klonopin lasts the longest. xanax works the fastest.valium seems weak to me

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks For Sharing this Useful Information We should buy valium online uk using paypal for treating anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how long does xanax lastXanax (Alprazolam) review. You may be wondering how long does Xanax stay in your system, blood, hair or urine if you are new consumer. different doses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks xanax

    ReplyDelete

 
vc .net