Saturday, October 31, 2009

Major depression and feelings?

i was diagnosed w/ major depression by doctors..and whenever i suddenly get really sad..for no reason at all.my friends ask whats wrong,and i sya nothing and they keep aksing until i have to explain how w/ majoy depression u dont have to have anyhting wrong to be sad..but they say its just an excuse when thats rlly the issue..what do i do?
Answer:
Find the root cause of your depression. Much depression is caused by learning disorders, other times it can be biochemical imbalances in the brain. The most important thing is to find the cause before any therapy can be effective. A skilled person can ask a series of questions and help to identify the cause, but it take some in-depth probing to discover where the feelings come from.
I'm sorry that sucks
Oh my sweet Em'!!
I know it sucks having depression. You're not alone. Do you have someone close that can give you a hug or hold you whenever you want or need one?
if it was me, then i would not let there commits get 2 me. i would take it as a joke. because if u dont then u will feel bad about your self.so try and take it as ajoke.
I understand what your going through. I was just diagnosed with bipolar. Your friends keep asking because they are worried. I find that mine try to fix me but they can't. Is your doctor putting you on any medications because sometimes that helps. Good luck.
there is always something wrong when you have depression whether you don't like the weather or you had to go somewhere you didn't want to.i too am depressed a lot of the time and i am prescribed zoloft which helps soooo much. i have tried here and there to take different anti-depressants, but i never believed that they worked until i actually took this one regularly. i stopped taking it when i was pregnant, but defintely started taking it as soon as i could. it makes my life problems so much easier to deal with and i cry about everything when i'm not on it. also dealing with really serious situations is a lot less stressful and helps the thought process out a lot more instead of just summing everything up to being depressed. it helps you care and makes you motivated to get out and do things. surprisingly i might sound like a commercial, but this is my advice first hand and i wouldn't want it any other way in my life so take what you want.
my friend has that issue to and sometimes my other friends dont understand, depression isnt sadness (though it can be triggered by it) its an unstable amount of chemicals in your brain. your friends should help you not be mean. try explaining to them that you just feel empty.
Deppression is either genetic, brought on by an event or change in your life or just a turning point for some people. I went through a serious deppression last year and I'm 15, I couldn't go outside, hang out, all I did was stay to myself and my family and talk to my bestfriends over the phone. It's a serious and sensitive issue. I'm still going through it but I'm trying to pull myself out. It's scary when you feel like you're alone and stuck in a place you don't want to be, but it's all in your head. Deppressed people aren't able to see the world the same way other people do, just let your friends know the truth and if they don't understand, that's too bad. It's pretty hard for people to completely relate to something that they haven't experience. =] Good luck!
Nobody knows what depression is like unless you live it. They can't understand.especially as a young person. We know its not an excuse. But as a healthcare provider, I am more concerned that your medication is not correct. Your depression is not being controlled. You do not have to live this way. We have the medication to let you live a full and happy life with this illness. I believe you need to talk to your healthcare provider soon and let them know how your medications are working for you.
no, you're right...major depression require no reason at all to have symptoms though stressful events can trigger it or make it worse...are your friends willing to be educated about major depression?, that it is a biologically based disorder with physical/psychological symptoms. offer them so books or other resources to read on major depression...also, I am assuming you are on medication and see a therapist as well as a psychiatrist or other appropriate professional for medication management...however, if the meds are working your 'sadness' should be greatly reduced/bearable...if you are not, please seek appropriate help...good luck!
Im with Derek B...

Hugs not drugs!
Probably the reason you get sad or mad is that you may be bipolar. Lot of people get this is that they have some kind of problem.Try this : every time that you have a problem make a list on the POSITIVE things that will happen.Don't think of the bad things think of the good things.GOOD LUCK
you know wut i had the same problems..is it not knowing how to deal with ppl or is it just MAJOR DEPRESSION like ya said coz i was finally diagnosed with psychosis.. but had major derpresesion episode once and same like you kept telling friends da same **** they dont get it..
U COULD TELL THEM : Depression is like any other illnesses-like the flu for example
I am sure your Doctor has you on medication and it may take a while for you to feel better. If not, then discuss it with him/her. There are many good medications to help, but sometimes it takes a while to find the right one. We are all so different. It is O.K. to feel sad at times, but tell yourself that this isn't going to last. Do good things for yourself, eat healthy and if there is one thing that has helped me, it is to exercise. I try to walk a lot. As far as your friends are concerned, they may never understand, but those of us who have this in common do understand. Good luck
Unless they have experienced it for themselves, they will never understand how it is you can feel sad for no reason whatsoever. Don't try and look for a reason for feeling low but know that however bad you feel, it will pass though it may take a while. Your friends are probably concerned for you..this can make you feel worse if you know people care and you still feel down. Medication will help but I would try and ride it out. If they are your friends they should try and understand why you feel like this at the moment. You have clinical depression and external factors have nothing to do with it.
I'm sorry...I know what you're going through. I believe I have depression and my friends don't understand why I get depressed for no reason at times. Usually what I do is to make sure I have plenty of time to be by myself so when I'm actually with my friends I can be more fun and such. If you're friends are getting irritated because they think your depression is just an excuse, they're probably just worried about you. You might want to really sit down with them and ask them why they won't help you through this and what they're thinking. I did this with my friend and we talked fo over an hour...she tried to get me to go see a doctor or my counselor, and that's what real friends do. They try to help. So if your friends are blaming you instead of trying to help you, maybe you should find some friends who will support you.

Also, I agree with the other comments. You should be taking an anti depressant that better controls your depression (unless you just started taking it...I think it takes a few weeks to work itself into your system...)

Hope that helps
Below is a response I gave another with depression. No, Love, it is not just an excuse. I know depression and punished myself for years for having it ! Now, for the first time, things are looking up.

Don't believe that you have to accept depression! Take action and an active role in defeating this horrid thief! My suggestions below may not be your answer, but believe me, others have struggled with it too and have written about it. Someone has the answers you need. God Bless You, Love, and good luck.

.........
If you are looking for a quick fix for depression, I don't know if there is one without drugs鈥?but I truly understand the need. With ADD, remembering my medication was a real dilemma. Tired of the struggle, I read that people taking an active role in their recovery had a greater chance of healing, so I began a search. The solutions were not quick fixes. They take time and continued effort, but my depression has diminished greatly. I still have difficult times. But they don't linger anymore.

First, I examined my thinking. This turned out to be a multipart issue. First, I had to consider what I thought and listened to, i.e., what I fed my mind; music, movies, friends, books. Was the input positive or negative/productive or destructive? I used to listen to /watch the news, sad songs, dramas, and people with negative opinions. I quit watching the news, changed my music, watched more comedies, and started reading stories that inspire me! That helped greatly.

Next, I realized my thoughts were molded from birth, and forgave those who taught me (they were also taught). Blame is pointless; forgiveness, EVERYTHING. I discovered sometimes, we must remove ourselves from the negative stimulus, especially when people try drawing us back to old patterns. Change frightens them. It is scary because we become a different person. Sometimes friends and even family no longer play a part in our new life. I found myself grieving my change for awhile because I didn't seem to fit in anywhere. But it passed and I discovered new friends that inspired, rather than drained. Family can learn acceptance and may even change too, because you've set an example.

This next part is most important; the way I saw myself. I was in an abusive relationship, told many lies about who I was; pessimistic鈥?violent鈥?a bad mother鈥?After 20 years of this, I lost myself. I no longer knew who I was! My confidence was gone; shattered. I couldn't believe friends and family when they said I was a good person. All the good I'd done in my life was lost in a dismal haze. A book (I think it was How We choose To Be Happy) said if you want to know who you are, just look at your friends. Happy people don't hang out at the gloomy club. I realized I wasn't bad. I also discovered that if I didn't like something about myself, I could change it! Just because I didn't like something about myself didn't make me a bad person. It just made me human.

Then there were all my self-help books and meditation. Meditation took time and patience, but I found it really helped. Now I can get lost in it for hours. I also found spirituality. Another book said anything you ask God (or The Universe) is answered. All you have to do is learn to listen. Answers come from everywhere (books, songs, children, movies, sudden thoughts鈥?. I found this to be very true.

And I discovered that everything is made up of energy. I learned to release the negative energy and draw in the positive, literally. It has helped greatly. The combination of these things has helped me change my life, which seems to have inspired others to change their lives too because we are all connected and tough lives, even when we are unaware. I invite you to try any or all of these things. If you truly seek an answer, you WILL find your solution, Love. May you find what you are looking for. Good luck and may God bless.
you should listen to some cool music! I was diagnosed with major depression too my therapist/ physiologist said it was depression build up I had a mess of weird thoughts I even thought about suicide then my friends come up and hug me and asked me " what's wrong" " be happy" and yet that made me feel worse.
here's a link to some cool song I like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6llrljtbn...
strange.. our names are both emily and we both have major depression.. and I also struggle with friends asking whats wrong all the time.. and you really can't do much just tell them to help them understand. I know its really hard talking with people that don't understand. I have been dealing with depression with 2 1/2 years now so I know what it is like.
Tell them you have a chemical imbalance
and there dos'nt have to be anything wrong that it just comes on you

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net