Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ive been on zoloft for a year, now does anyone else think it doesnt make them care enough about things?

Just I don't seem to push my kids enough about their homework. At work I just don't seem to care about things like I should.
Answer:
Your symptoms sound like depression is not yet under control.
I know that my husband was the same way for quite awhile on Zoloft! I have had to have several talks with him about it...
That's what antidepressants do-- they make you not have emotions, feelings, motivation. Antidepressants can't distinguish between happy or sad emotions, they just numb everything.
I also experienced that sort of ok, whatever, attitude. Not that I was complacent or uncaring. Just couldn't seem to find the emotional tie to some things, people or situations needed to say that I was actually involved. In addition, there were a lot of gastric problems as well. You may need to consult your doc. There is such a wide variety of medications now. It is a process to find the right one. Sometimes a combination of may work. I tried many combinations and single dose meds until I found the right cocktail that to help me feel human and alive again. Hope this helps.
I don't know, when I was on them I still cared, I was slow, but I still cared, i still got angry, depressed too oh and gained a few pounds.
You should talk to your doctor about this.
I know that zoloft alone is not any good, i am on welbutrin and zoloft and feel the same after a year, maybe we need to try something else or get to the bottom of what is really troubling us.
I was on a higher dosage of an antidepressant at one time and had it reduced because I was going through the same thing.

Mine got so bad that nothing made an impression on me and I was having a hard time remembering because of it. It was that I just didn't care enough about anything to have it stay in my mind.

Not a good thing, you need a change in your meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net